Dobbie Hall Larbert
The Dobbie Hall was designed by A and W Black of Falkirk in baroque style and built by J. J. and P McLachlan of Stenhousemuir, at a cost of about Â£12,000. The first concert to take place within the hall on the opening night, was for the benefit of the wives of the soldiers in the war in Africa. The Larbert Carnegie Public Library, also designed by A & W Black, was erected on part of the ground given by Robert Dobbie for the hall. It was opened by Dr William Jacks, former MP for Stirling County, on the 27th October 1904. The War Memorial by George Washington Browne, was erected in front of the hall and the unveiling and dedication took place on the afternoon of Sunday 24th September 1922.